Some general news as I’m catching up on everything. Apologize for the long periods of downtime between posts. Last few months have been a bit crazy on the work and personal front. Hopefully the nice Fall we’re having will keep things in check here 😀
Anyways, some of this news is old and most are probably aware of it already but wanted to get it out as readers have submitted these comments and feedback.
- Did you know that there is now a Tupelo Honey on the Campus at Furman, as well as a Starbucks, Einstein Brothers Bagels & Moe’s Southwest Grill? Nice variety. (May have left some out, don’t remember all) – Thanks Erie!
- Sidewall Pizza – Pelham Rd. “The Pelham location is set to open in the first quarter of 2017″ – Thanks John!
- Pita Pit downtown Greenville closed last week. It was unannounced. The doors have a large chain and padlock on them. No appearances of it reopening. – Thanks Tom! [I heard that they closed quite abruptly. Kinda bummer for the lunch crowd downtown]
- I heard that a Starbucks was opening at the recently closed gas station at the intersection of Highway 14 and Main St., Simpsonville. Would love to know if this is true! – Thanks Renee! [I do not hear of a ton of Simpsonville news so if anyone can confirm this in a comment that would be awesome!]
- Breakwater & Bar is closing. While Greenville’s Bacon Bros. Public House is still saddling up for its franchise expansion into Houston, this week the farm-to-table gastropub announced a new partnership that will put a bakery, butchery, and diner right off the Greenville Health System Swamp Rabbit Trail. – Thanks Lorri!
- Fuddruckers and Starbucks coming soon to Duncan at 290 & 85. Former Denny’s location. – Thanks Mike!
(ugh, sorry for the logo. This is what they have on their Facebook page and it’s already cropped this way)
Noticed that in the former Ellada Kouzina space off Coffee Street (Downtown Greenville) is a new restaurant sign.
The restaurant is called Aryana Afghan Restaurant. They do have a Facebook page but that’s about it. The only web information out there is for a similarly named restaurant in Danville, GA. If this restaurant is related to that one then that could be a great win for Downtown. We need more Middle Eastern style restaurants in the Upstate (I love me some Kebabs/Kabobs!)
Read that Ruth’s Chris Steak House is now open in their new location in Downtown Greenville. Their website lists the location and hours.
The area they are in is the new Riverplace section past The Lazy Goat.
Give them a try and report back!
A new Pizzeria will be opening up in Greer this December called Risata Pizza. They will serve Neopolitan-style pizzas.
Neapolitan-style pizza requires a wood-burning oven that heats to 800 degrees or higher, which cooks the pizza in about two minutes. It also requires the dough only be made with flour, yeast, water and salt and that the consistency remains “soft, elastic and easy to manipulate and fold.”
Sounds pretty interesting. Greer has a solid abundance of really good pizza places – Merrel’s, Wild Ace, Della Ventura’s (my favorite), etc. The location of Risata (near Walmart off WHB) is in an area that does not have a ton of restaurants, so hopefully they’ll do well!
Edit: Got a comment from a reader that Vito’s in Greer has the best Pizza.
Not a tip but a comment…. The best pizza in Greer is Vito’s in the Bilo Shopping center on Wade Hampton. “Vito” is really Pat who is very Italian and grew up in Milan so all the Italian decor is not faux in the least. The prosciutto pizza is to die for…….
Hmm, I’ve heard that Vito’s is pretty awesome but have not had a chance to try it out yet. So it’s on the list now! 🙂
Oh yes! This is fantastic news! Last year we posted about Menkoi opening up their first Ramen House off Woodruff Road. Well, now they will be opening up a second location in Downtown Greenville!
Their downtown location will be located on North Main in the former Dark Corner Distillery.
Menkoi offers traditional Japanese ramen with a broth and meat of your choice, noodles and a collection of green onions, spinach, and boiled eggs.
They are to open sometime this Winter. So maybe by end of the year? Perfect ramen time!