Looks like the hype for ‘sustainable’ and ‘eco-friendly’ restaurants has hit Greenville finally! Kitchen Sync has started construction on their restaurant off Laurens Road. Sounds really cool.
Here’s a little bit about how they are going to be different:
Kitchen Sync will be a locally owned, full-service neighborhood grill and pizzeria specializing in local, sustainable farm-to-table fare in a casual, family-friendly atmosphere.
– Member of the Carolina Farm Steward Association, will work with farmers to develop local food shed
– Plans to harvest their own solar energy; compost and recycle waste; capture rainwater for irrigation
– Will use all sustainable/recyclable takeout containers; Energy Star equipment; all LED lighting
– In communication with Swamp Rabbit Trail planners to create easy access to businesses and neighborhoods in the McAlister Square area of Laurens Road
– Creating a bike-friendly culture
– Incorporating materials salvaged from local historical sites as well as materials salvaged and repurposed from on-site demolition
You can read more about them here.
Nice to see some new development on Laurens Road. That’s a great corridor but hasn’t kept up as fast as other areas of growth in the Upstate.
Looking forward to seeing them open.
Thanks to Kelly for the tip!